( Sesame Seeds Chikki )
Distributing & consuming til sweets on Makar Sankranti is a ritual. Sesame seeds are an excellent source of vitamin, protein & fiber.
Til Chikki is a nutritious, tasty winter recipe. It is a combination of sesame seeds & sugar. It tastes awesome, easy & quick to prepare & perfect for this festive season!
1 cup til (sesame seeds)1 cup sugar
1-2 tbsp ghee
1 tsp cardamom powder
Water as required
1. Heat pan, roast sesame seeds till they are light golden in color.
Turn off the heat & allow them to cool.
2. Grind sesame seeds but do not make powder.
3. Mix sugar & water, make sugar syrup of 2 wire consistency.
4. Now add cardamom powder, ghee & sesame seeds in sugar syrup.
5. Mix it well, pour it in greased plate,
6. Cut the chikki immediately into desired shape.
7. Let it cool, store it in air tight container.